Then, I used a drill with a small bit to drill holes into the center of the candy. I have seen other folks use embroidery needles; but I like power tools and I'm guessing that the margin for error is far less with a drill...as well as time.
Then I threaded beading wire through the holes, I used a gauge that was thick enough not to need a needle but thin enough to drape.
Then I applied several coats of Krylon clear latex finish. It's very important to apply lightly and then wait to dry before applying more.
I'll probably finish it off with some large beads on each end, but so far so good!
Makes a festive and unique Christmas garland.